Job Location: Wichita, KS
Job Type: Part-time
Registered Nurse-Pre-op(Job Number: 00323-16565)
Work Location: United States-Kansas-Wichita-Wesley Medical Center
One of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas! Wesley is the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Their preference for Wesley extends well beyond the high-quality medical services Wesley offers. It includes the spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at Wesley Medical Center. Wesley Medical Center is an acute-care center licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. As a leader in overall recommended care, Wesley treats more than 24,000 patients annually and delivers more than 6,000 babies more than any hospital in a 13-state region. Wesley provides the most extensive emergency network in Wichita with the Wesley ER, Wesley West ER and Galichia ER. Founded in 1912 by a regional organization of the Methodist Church, Wesley has been an HCA facility since 1985. Wesley owns and operates Galichia Heart Hospital, WESLEYCare Clinics and the Pediatric Center of Kansas.
Responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation. Responsible for directing and coordinating all nursing care for the department-specific patient population in accordance with the standards of nursing care and practice as defined by Wesley Medical Center and the Kansas Nurse Practice Act. Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes. Supports the organization vision and mission. Utilizes knowledge of patients age and cultural diversity in the provision of patient care. Contributes to the provision of quality nursing care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care.
Shift schedule: Thursday and Friday 5a-3pFollowing week: Monday and Tuesday 5a-3p and Friday 5a-1pEvery 8th weekend: Saturday 5a-3p and on-call Sunday LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS
- Current Licensure in the State of Kansas as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN)
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) verification course, as specified in policy
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) verification course, as specified in policy
- Successful completion of the Wesley Dysrhythmia exam within allotted timeframe, as specified in policy
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) verification course, as specified in policy
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
- 1-3 years PACU or Critical Care RN experience required
How to Apply:
We offer an attractive salary/benefits package, including tuition reimbursements, a technologically superior setting, and outstanding growth potential.
Wesley Medical Center
Wesley Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer