2017 New Grads (RN) Emergency Room Nurse Wesley Medical Center
Job Location: Wichita, KS
Job Type: Full-time
2017 New Grads (RN) Emergency Room Nurse Wesley Medical Center(Job Number: 00323-16593)
Work Location: United States-Kansas-Wichita-Wesley Medical Center
RN ED/Emergency Room Nurse/Emergency RN/ ED Nurse / RN ER/ER Nurse/Emergency . Level One Trauma Center . 2016 New Grads Welcomed.
Wesley Medical Center
The Emergency Department RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Prioritizes patient care based on acuity level and available resources.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Assists physician during examination, treatment and procedures.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient`s discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current licensure as an RN
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
- ACLS Certification Preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
How to Apply:
We offer an attractive salary/benefits package, including tuition reimbursements, a technologically superior setting, and outstanding growth potential.
Wesley Medical Center
Wesley Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer