Registered Nurse - Pediatric Sedation - Per diem
Job Location: Wichita, KS
Job Type: PRN/Per Diem
Registered Nurse - Pediatric Sedation - Per diem(Job Number: 00323-16626)
Work Location: United States-Kansas-Wichita-Wesley Medical Center
Schedule: PRN/Per Diem
Wesley Children`s Hospital
Must have a minimum of one year RN acute care experience - critical care preferred.
- Delivers patient-centered nursing care in accordance with standards of care defined by Wesley Medical Center.
- Systematically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice by participation in quality of care activities to initiate, implement, and sustain process improvements.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge in nursing practice and education.
- Monitors the patient`s progress toward the attainment of outcomes.
- Contributes to the professional development of peers, colleagues and others.
- Collaborates with the patient, significant others and health care providers in providing and advocating for patient care.
- Considers safety and cost effectiveness when delivering patient care.
- Decisions and actions on behalf of patients are determined in an ethical manner.
- Participates in the improvement of operational functions of the department.
- Establishes and maintains effective and respectful communication in development of all collaborative relationships.
- Evaluates and participates in opportunities for outstanding service to all customers and accepts responsibility in partnership that is equally respectful to everyone.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply knowledge of age-appropriate competencies to department specific population.
- Ability to utilize critical thinking and problem solving skills to identify, interpret, and access appropriate resources in patient specific scenario(s).
- Secures, administers and handles medication according to established guidelines.
Required Registration, Licensure or Certification
Preferred Registration, Licensure or Certification
- Current Licensure in the State of Kansas as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN)
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) verification course, as specified in policy
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) verification course, as specified in policy
- Trauma Core Course (TNCC) verification course, as specified in policy - required for PICU
Required Education or Experience
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Trauma Core Course (TNCC) preferred for Pediatrics
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Chemotherapy & Biotherapy (ONS) - required if giving chemotherapy
Preferred Education or Experience
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Ability to utilize the nursing process in the provision of nursing care including, but not limited to, administering treatments and medications, interpreting diagnostic tests, formulating a plan of care, collaborating with other health care providers and providing education to patients and/or significant others.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Possess personal computer skills.
- Ability to multi-task, delegate and prioritize
- Possess problem-solving and critical thinking skills
How to Apply:
We offer an attractive salary/benefits package, including tuition reimbursements, a technologically superior setting, and outstanding growth potential.
Wesley Medical Center
Wesley Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer