Assistant Nurse Manager - Mother/Baby - FT Nights
Job Location: Wichita, KS
Job Type: Full-time
Assistant Nurse Manager - Mother/Baby - FT Nights(Job Number: 00323-16656)
Work Location: United States-Kansas-Wichita-Wesley Medical Center
Wesley Medical Center
For more than 85 years, Wesley has helped welcome babies into the world. Wesley has been known as The Baby Hospital since opening Wichitas first Mothers Room in 1912. Our expertise has earned us a reputation as the premier hospital for obstetrical services, and is one of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas, delivering more than 500 babies per month -- more than any other hospital in our 13 state region.
With our 40 bed Level III NICU, Wesley Womens Hospital is the regional referral center for high risk pregnancies. Wesleys BirthCare Center is a facility especially designed for women who are expecting a low-risk birth, and is located adjacent to the main facility.
Position Summary: The Assistant Nurse Manager provides leadership through collaboration with the Nursing Manager of the Department in planning, organizing, coordinating, monitoring, and evaluating the care provided for patients in the unit. Responsibilities include fiscal, human resource, risk management, and operational functions. The Assistant Nurse Manager contributes to strategic planning and program development and maintains 24 hour accountability. The Assistant Nurse Manager delegated duties and functions within the philosophy and overall scope of responsibility.
Required Registration, Licensure or Certification
Preferred Registration, Licensure or Certification
- Current Licensure in the State of Kansas as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN)
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) verification course, as specified in policy
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) verification course, as specified in policy (including Birth Care Center, Postpartum and Labor & Delivery)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) verification course , as specified in policy - (including Birth Care Center and Labor & Delivery)
- Sugar, Temp, Airway, BP, Emotional Support (S.T.A.B.L.E) verification course, as specified in policy
- Fetal Monitoring (IFMC) verification course, as specified in policy- (including Birth Care Center, Labor & Delivery and High Risk OB Oncology)
- Advanced Fetal Monitoring (AFM&A) verification course, as specified in policy - (including Birth Care Center, Labor & Delivery and High Risk OB Oncology)
- Successful completion of the Wesley Dysrhythmia exam within allotted timeframe, as specified in policy (including Birth Care Center and Labor & Delivery)
- Chemotherapy & Biotherapy (ONS) - required if giving chemotherapy
Required Education or Experience
Preferred Education or Experience
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to utilize the nursing process in the provision of nursing care including, but not limited to, administering treatments and medications, interpreting diagnostic tests, formulating a plan of care, collaborating with other health care providers and providing education to patients and/or significant others.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Possess personal computer skills.
- Ability to multi-task, delegate and prioritize
- Possess problem-solving and critical thinking skills
How to Apply:
We offer an attractive salary/benefits package, including tuition reimbursements, a technologically superior setting, and outstanding growth potential.
Wesley Medical Center
Wesley Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer